Metropolitan Hospital runs a model, fully equipped and organized Vascular Surgery Clinic. With leading scientific and nursing staff and state-of-the-art equipment, the Vascular Surgery Clinic offers comprehensive treatment to patients for all vascular problems, 24/7.
Leading Scientific Staff
The fully qualified and trained medical and nursing staff provide quality diagnostic and therapeutic services, comprehensive information and nursing support to our patients, throughout their hospitalization.
On par with the most contemporary European and US units, the Clinic’s equipment includes a latest, cutting-edge, minimal radiation digital angiography device, as well as other modern diagnostic and treatment tools, used to limit the need for open surgeries.
Specializing in the treatment of arterial, venous and lymphatic system conditions, the Vascular Surgery Clinic scientific staff manage several cases, not only by performing conventional surgery, but also by performing intraluminal interventions with the use of local anesthesia. Some examples of intraluminal interventions include:
- Treatment of carotid artery stenosis with balloon angioplasty and stents to prevent stroke; hospitalization time: 1 day.
- Treatment of aortic aneurysms with intraluminal stent graft placement; hospitalization time: 2 days.
- Treatment of peripheral artery aneurysms; hospitalization time: 1 day.
- Treatment of peripheral artery stenoses with angioplasty and stent. In this case, the patient is usually discharged on the same day.
Special tests and exams
Special tests are also performed at the Clinic. These include:
- Extracranial and intracranial artery, as well as carotid and vertebral artery exams.
- Venous system testing to diagnose conditions such as thrombosis.
- Blood circulation testing to diagnose arteriovenous lesions.
- Aortic screening for aneurysm detection.