International Patients Department
Metropolitan Hospital and the International Patients Department (IPD) will assist you all through your travel arrangements and medical care.
The IPD staff at Metropolitan Hospital are qualified in caring for their patients.
Some of the IPD services we offer include:
- Appointing coordinators to help you throughout every aspect of your trip, accommodation and medical care
- Getting experienced case managers, familiar with your country and language, to assist you throughout your visit
- Providing healthcare interpreters within the hospital
- Assisting you in getting travel visas issued or extended
- Arranging an air ambulance service within a few hours for medical emergencies
- Offering a choice of international and Greek cuisine daily, including special dietary preferences (e.g. Halal certified meals)
- Arranging your transportation to and from the airport or your hotel
- Providing free sim cards upon arrival for your mobile phone and the phones of any people accompanying you
- Translating all your medical documents into English
Metropolitan Hospital can also provide air ambulance services all over Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. Due to the close proximity of all these regions, any patient can be transferred to Metropolitan Hospital within just 1-2 hours.