Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Medical Historian, DMD, PhD, PhD, MD
Associate Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, Metropolitan Hospital
- 1997-1998: 1st Department of Surgery, “Agia Olga” General District Hospital of Nea Ionia, Attica.
- 1999-2002: Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, “Evangelismos” General District Hospital of Athens, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Dentistry.
- 2003-currently: Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Metropolitan Hospital, Neo Faliro, Piraeus.
- 1979-1985: School of Dentistry, School of Health Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Doctor of Dental Medicine degree-DMD).
- 2011-2015: School of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Doctor of Medicine degree-MD).
- 1989-1995: Clinical Instructor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, School of Health Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, doctoral dissertation (PhD) on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Training in Oral Implantology at the Training Center of Friadent, Manheim, Germany (1995-1996), and at Dr S. Schmidinger’s Clinic, Seefeld, Munich, Germany (1997).
- 1997-2003: Specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2000-2004: Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Certification by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.
- 2000-2001: Cadaver educational program of anatomic dissection, elevation, and harvesting of various free flaps for the reconstruction of challenging oral and maxillofacial, head and neck defects, organized and sponsored by the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, "Evangelismos" General District Hospital of Athens, and held at the Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- 2002: Nerves and blood vessels microsurgery on lab animals, Experimental Operating Room, Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, “Evangelismos” General District Hospital of Athens.
- 2003: Head and Neck Reconstructive and Oncologic Surgery, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Groningen University Hospital (AZG), Groningen, Netherlands.
- 2005: Nerved and blood vesseld microsurgery on lab animals, Regional Maxillofacial Unit, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK.
- 2006-2011: Doctoral dissertation (PhD) on History and Philosophy of Medicine, Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- 2008: Surgical management of salivary gland tumors and sialolithiasis, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Salivary Gland Service, GKT Dental Institute, Guy’s Hospital, London, UK.
- 2009: Cosmetic Facial Surgery, The Joseph Niamtu III Cosmetic Facial Surgery Center, Richmond, Virginia, USA (Face Lift, Cosmetic Blepharoplasty, Brow Lift, Facial Liposuction, Facial Implants, Botox, Injectable Fillers, CO2 Laser Resurfacing, Chemical Peels, Radiowave Surgery and Skin Care).
- 2011-currently: Research Associate, Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens; participation in all activities of the Department (teaching, research and literary).
- 2015-currently: Clinical Instructor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, School of Health Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- 1995: PhD, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery).
- 2011: PhD, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (History and Philosophy of Medicine).
Special Clinical Interests and Training
- Traumatology of the viscerocranium
- Head & Neck-salivary gland surgical oncology
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Nosology, conservative and surgical management of TMJ disorders
- Cosmetic oral and maxillofacial surgery (Botox, fillers, facial sculpturing)
MEMBER OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES/ASSOCIATIONS
- Hellenic Association for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery-Board Member [Secretary for Continuous Education (2013-2014), 2nd Vice President (2014-16/2/2017), 1st Vice President (17/2/2017-11/2017), Councillor-Member of The Board (2017-2020)],
- Hellenic Society for the Study of Facial Clefts and Malformations,
- Hellenic Society of Trauma and Emergency Surgery,
- Stomatological Society of Northern Greece,
- European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery,
- Academy of Osseointegration (USA),
- “Vassos Charalambidis” Scientific Society of Metropolitan Hospital - Board Member [Secretary General-2013-2015],
- Greek Association of Oral Medicine,
- International Society for the History of Medicine.
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- International Academy of Oral Oncology.
- Hellenic Society of Periodontology.
- Balkan Stomatological Society,
- Hellenic Medical Society of Health Sciences History.
Member of Professional Societies/Associations
- Member of Athens Dental Association.
- Member of Athens Medical Association.
Telephone: +302104809251, +302104809176