True to our vision, we constantly upgrade our services, aspiring to ensure better health and better quality of life for all. We acknowledge that our patients are not passive recipients of medical decisions, but well-informed partners in the treatment process. The information in this handbook will familiarize you with hospital
services and policies and will answer many questions you may have during your hospital stay. If you have questions that are not addressed in the handbook, please do not hesitate to request assistance from any member of your health care team.
On behalf of the hospital employees, medical staff, and the board of trustees, we welcome you and thank you for choosing Metropolitan Hospital for your current medical needs.
Welcome to Metropolitan Hospital
Current laws protect all individual rights to any person in Greece during the term of hospitalization.
- Patients have the right to access hospital services most suited to the nature of their illness.
- Patients have the right to medical care with appropriate respect for their human dignity. Medical care includes, but is not limited, to the general exercise of the medical and nursing practice but also paramedical services, proper accommodation, appropriate treatment and effective administrative and technical services support.
- Patients have the right to consent or deny any diagnostic or therapeutic procedure they may undergo. In case of patient suffering from partial or complete mental incapacity, this right may be exercised by an individual legally entitled to act on their behalf.
- Patients are entitled to request information regarding their condition. The patients’ interests constitute a decisive factor and are contingent on the completeness and the accuracy of any information provided to our patients. By fully informing our patients they may form a detailed picture of the medical, social and financial features of their condition and therefore make decisions themselves or participate in the decision making process that may affect their life in the future.
- Patients or their representatives, in the case of Section 3 above, are entitled to receive any complete advance information concerning the risks, present or prospective resulting from such treatment or diagnostic acts. Any implementation of such acts may only commence subject to such specific patient consent. Any such consent may be revoked at any time by the patient personally. All patients must feel completely free to arrive at such decisions to receive or reject any cooperation with medical research or training. Consent on any such participation constitutes a protected right of all patients and may be revoked at any time.
- Patients have the right, whenever feasible, to protect their own privacy. The confidential nature of all information and the contents of any document regarding patients, their medical file, any medical notes and or findings must be guaranteed.
- Patients have the right to be treated with respect and acknowledgement of their religious and or ideological views.
- Patients have the right to duly present and/or submit any complaints or protests and to have full knowledge of any procedures they may undergo or any results.
Policies specified throughout this Guide, have been prepared for your health. It is very important to abide by them and promote your own safety by being well informed and involved in your care. You are expected:
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health and medical history, including present condition, past illnesses, hospital stays, medicines, vitamins, herbal products, and any other matters that pertain to your health, including perceived safety risks.
- To cooperate with our staff and actively participate in the designing of your treatment both prior and after your discharge from the Clinic.
- To follow the treatment plans recommended to you by our medical personnel, the health professionals assigned to you and by our doctors. If you need us to clarify various matters, or you do not fully understand the treatment plan or any medical instructions given to you, please notify immediately the medical and nursing staff to assist you.
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health insurance coverage and to pay your bills in a timely manner
- To treat all hospital staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy and respect
- To abide by all hospital rules and safety regulations; and be mindful of noise levels, privacy, and number of visitors
- To respect the hospital environment by maintaining sanitary and clean conditions, proper use of the hospital’s infrastructure and installations.
SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN OUR PREMISES
LAW 4633/2019 – ΦΕΚ Τεύχος A 161/16.10.2019
Confidentiality and Privacy
Any information you provide us shall in all cases be confidential. We are committed to protecting your health information, and take all measures to assure your privacy. Your patient health records are considered sensitive and handled as such by all heath care professionals.
Besides treatment and recovery, we aim at protecting, promoting and responding to your rights as a patient. Furthermore, we urge you to feel free to express your personal, religious, spiritual, cultural and any other beliefs or needs you may have. We will be respectful and will expend all efforts to address such needs.
Please contact your doctor and/or our nursing personnel in your ward for any queries or information you may need. Medical information is disclosed only by your treating physician.
Read more here.