M.Sc. “Public Health”
Greek Baccalaureate, 3rd high school of Arta, Grade “excellent”
Certificate of Medicine, Department of Medicine, National And Kapodistrean University of Athens
Certificate of Master (MSc) in Public Health, National School of Public Health
Award of the title of medical specialty of Neurology, in accordance with Directives 75/362, 75/363, 93/16 (Articles 24-27 and 29) of the European Union.
According to Greek legislation, training in Neurology takes place in three stages: Internal Medicine (9 months), Psychiatry (6 months) and Neurology (3 years and 9 months)
NIHSS certificate (American Heart Association/American Stroke Association / cerificate ID: 4920953 April 2017)
ESO-ESNR-ESMINT 5th winter school in Bern, Switzerland.
Emergence Neurology Life Support (ENLS) course and certification.
PhD candidate (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens,Department of Medicine) since December 2018
RAPID U certification for physicians (fundamentals/additional topics/advanced topics)- use of neuroimaging (CT perfusion/MR perfusion/CT angiography/MR angiography) during the acute phase of stroke.
March 2014 - March 2018
Consultant at the stroke unit/neurology department of the private hospital Mediterraneo in Greece.
November 2012 - November 2013
Intern Neurologist in the Neurology Department and Acute Stroke Unit, Tenon - St Antoine Hospital (Service de Neurologie, Unité de Soins Intensifs Neurovasculaires et Urgences Neurovasculaires, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris VI, Professor Sonia Alamowitch)
September 2009-October 2012
Intern Neurologist, Neurological Clinic
General Hospital of Nikaia-Piraeus
August 2008 - August 2009
Neuropsychiatric clinic “Castalia”, Ellinikon, Athens
October 2006 - April 2007
Psychiatric Hospital of Petra Olympou, Katerini
October 2005 - May 2006
Internship Training Post in Internal Medicine
General Hospital of Lefkada
September 2004-September 2005
Obligatory military service as “soldier-medicine” at an artillery barrage in Samos Island, and at the Senior Military School of the Army
August 2003 - August 2004
General Medicine service
Regional Medical Office of Karya, General Hospital of Lefkada
Other Hospital Professional Experience
April 2007 - October 2007
Neuropsychiatric clinic “Asklipiion”, Chalandri, Athens
August 2008 - August 2009
Neuropsychiatric clinic “Castalia”, Ellinikon, Athens
- “Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (Steele- Richardson- Olszewski syndrome) and Dementia”. Retrospective study of dementia, cognitive disorders and modern neuropathological and biochemical data observed in Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. Published in the book «Dementia».
- Co Author of the Greek translation of the EFNS (European Federation of Neurological Societies) Guidelines 2007, for the Dementia Branch of the Greek Neurological Association.
- “Socioeconomic aspects of Alzheimer’s Dementia”. Neurologia , 2009;18(4);220-227. The aim of the study was to systematically review the international literature in order to highlight the total healthcare expenditure as a result of the disease, as well as the relative contribution of the various cost components in the total patient cost.
- “Paraneoplastic neurological syndrome associated with occult small-cell lung carcinoma: tumor detection by FDG-PET”. Neurologia, 2012;21(4) : 29 – 38.
- Stroke units: the most effective response to strokeHeart, Vessels and Brain. 2014;11 October;90-99.
- Recommendations for Mechanical Thrombectomy in Patients with Acute Ischaemic Stroke. A clinical guide by the Hellenic Stroke Organization. Heart, Vessels and Brain. June 2017; 28-35.
- Recommendations for Intravenous Thrombolysis in Patients with Acute Ischaemic Stroke. A clinical guide by the Hellenic Stroke Organization. Heart,Vessels and Brain
- Transient Global Amnesia: current diagnostic approach. Neurologia, 2018;27(6): 19 - 27.
- “The Pathophysiological Mechanism Is an Independent Predictor of Long-Term Outcome in Stroke Patients with Large Vessel Atherosclerosis.” J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015 Aug 14. doi: 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2015.07.011.
- “ANCA-Negative Churg Strauss Syndrome presenting as Acute Multiple Cerebral infarcts: A case report.” J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2017 Mar;26(3):e47-e49. doi: 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2016.12.009.
- “Serial magnetic resonance imaging of acute necrotizing myelitis”. J Neurol Sci 2013; 333(suppl 1): 666-667.
- “Paraneoplastic sensorimotor polyneuropathy and inflammatory myopathy associated with Merkel cell carcinoma”, J Neurol Sci 2013; 333(suppl 1): e460. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2013.07.1640
- Recommendations for Mechanical Thrombectomy in Patients with Acute Ischaemic Stroke. A clinical guide by the Hellenic Stroke Organization. Heart, Vessels and Brain. Accepted for publication. Clinical Neuroradiology.
- Cerebral microbleeds: incidence, imaging characteristics,common and uncommon causes. Journal of neurosonology and neuroimaging. Dec 2018;10(2):80-94.https://doi.org/10.31728/jnn.2018.00022
- Letter to the Editor for the article "Flat-head positioning increases cerebral blood flow in anterior circulation acute ischemic stroke: A cluster randomized phase IIb trial". Int J Stroke. 2018 Nov 27:1747493018816461. doi: 10.1177/1747493018816461.
- «Subarachnoid hemorrhage, vasospasm and delayed cerebral ischemia». Practical Neurology. January 2019
“Mechanisms of atherosclerotic ischemic strokes”, “Stroke units” and “Ischemic stroke of the anterior circulation”. “STROKE” publication of the Hellenic Stroke Organisation (Litsas publications, 2018, Athens).
- "Newer views on other than Alzheimer's Disease Dementias."
Participation as a speaker at the 5th National Conference "Alzheimer Disease and related disorders" held from 22 to 25 February 2007 in Thessaloniki. The speech was part of the 59 seminar on "Newer views on other than Alzheimer's Disease Dementias."
- 12th International Congress of Psychological Society of Psychiatry for Adults and Children (EPSPSEP) held in Athens from 2 to 4 May 2007:
"Differential diagnosis of epilepsy" in the round table on "The treatment of epilepsy” and
“Progressive supranuclear palsy and dementia” in the symposium "Dementia".
- Hospital costs of stroke in Greece. Oral presentation at the Conference of Health Economics (2-5 December 2009).
- "Cost of inpatient care of patients with acute stroke in a stroke unit". Oral presentation at the Greek Medical Conference (4-8 May 2010)
- «Facing acute stroke in university and non university hospitals in Greece» Oral presentation at the Greek Medical Conference (4-8 May 2010)
- «Intracerebral hemorrhages». Greek Medical Conference (14-17 May 2014).
- «AHA/ASA recommendations for secondary prevention of stroke». Heart, Vessels and Stroke conference (Athens 6-8 May, 2015).
- “Large Artery Atherosclerotic Stroke”. Educational program of the Hellenic Stroke Organisation (Athens, 19 December 2015)
- «Thalamic infarcts». Educational program for the greek neurology senior house officers (Athens 29 September 2015)
- «Management of carotid artery stenosis». Risk factors and cardiovascular diseases 2016 conference (Monemvasia 20 May 2016)
- «Transient ischemic attack: pathophysiology, definition and prognosis». Educational program of the Hellenic Stroke Organisation (Athens, 18 March 2017)
- «Dissections of extra and intracranial arteries». Days of clinical neurology conference (Nafplion, 29 September 2017)
- «Stroke in patient with patent foramen ovale». Heart, Vessels and Stroke conference (Athens 27 January May, 2018).
- «Dissections of the extracranial arteries». Hellenic Stroke Organisation 1st conference (Zappeion, 2 March 2018).
- «Secondary prevention of ischemic stroke». Hellenic society of Internal Medicine (Chalkida, April 2018).
- «Dissection of the intracranial arteries». 7th Hellenic National Stroke conference (Thessaloniki, 1st November 2018).
- «Stroke and Hypertension» presentation in the postgraduate program of the Medical School of Athens. (March 2019)
- «Neurovascular ultrasound of the extracranial arteries». 30th National Conference of the Hellenic Neurological Society. (Chalkidiki, 16th May 2019).
- Journal of Neuroimaging
- PLOS One
- BMC Neurology
- Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment
- Μc Master’s University Online Raing Of Evidence (MORE) Rater
Contact number: +30 210 480 9000